Pacific Grove Cross Country Invitational

Written by Richard Barakat, Staff Writer

On Saturday, October 4th, the Pacific Grove Cross Country invitational took place during which we hosted over twenty high schools and over 500 runners. The high schools included Carmel, Greenfield, King City, Los Banos, Monterey, Soledad, North Tahoe, and many other high school cross country teams. From the Pacific Grove side, notable performances included Henry Loh and Jacob Hoadley who both finished in the top ten for the freshman boys division. Christina Hashimoto finished first after clocking in a time of  21.24.34, followed by Lexi Rohrer who finished seventh and Kylie Koestner who finished thirteenth. In the sophomore boys division, Everett Millette finished eleventh after a tight race. Other notable performances include Kaelene Jensen who finished eleventh and Douglas Dow who finished eleventh in their respective racing divisions. In the Girls’ Varsity race, Michelle Watkins finished sixth with a running time of 21.15.59 after a close finish. In the Boys’ Varsity race, Jackson Bursch finished thirteenth in a very competitive race, followed by Alfredo Vargas who finished eighteenth. Pacific Grove Boys Varsity runner Nick Armas, he said that his personal goal was “to set a new personal record,” and the team goal was to simply “bring home the trophy.” Pacific Grove finished fifth in the overall standings after a great effort by every member who ran. Great job Breakers!