“A Play on Words”

Back to Article
Back to Article

“A Play on Words”

Written by Emmitt Withrow, Journalist, Photographer

Theater. The place where people of all walks of life come together to participate in a common interest, acting. Some actors are filmed and get paid millions of dollars depending on how famous or well-respected they are. They finish filming three months before the movie is actually released, THREE! Hollywood, right? And then there is the other type of popular acting, live.

Live acting, or theater, is real people with mostly real props acting on a real stage in front of real people. No cameras, unless people film it, which isn’t allowed, remember that. Your own school is putting on a musical, a play with original music. This year, students are presenting the musical Monty Python’s Spamalot.

You may be asking yourself, “What the heck is Spamalot?” Well, Spamalot is based on the classic British movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It’s a hilarious movie. If you haven’t seen it, you should check it out–it’s on Netflix. Anyway, Spamalot follows a king trying to find knights to join his court at the round table, I’ll let you guess who that king is.

Since Thursday, they have had a performance everyday. Every time, the audience has laughed so much. You might be thinking, “Oh no, I missed my chance to see the most hilarious play, which my classmates put in a lot of effort for. I’m sad now.” Well, never fear, there are two more shows Thursday and Friday, both of which are at 7 pm.

So get off ya lazy bum, sit ya lazy bum in the chairs they set out, and come see fellow students act in the hilarious play that is Monty Python’s Spamalot. You’re in for a treat, plus we might get some of the catchy songs stuck in your head.