Holiday Spirit Days!

Written by Aram Aghajanian, Journalist

As winter break fast approaches, the Breakers displayed their holiday spirit by wearing festive sweaters, hats, and pajamas. The holiday themed spirit days enlivened the atmosphere before finals.

On December 12, students were encouraged to go all out with their ugly sweaters. Some students participated in the spirit day by wearing Christmas themed sweaters of St. Nicholas, whereas many had fictitious elves and reindeers with red noses on their sweaters. Personally, I believe students that went the extra mile of attaching Christmas lights onto their sweater deserve extra credit in all of their courses.

The turnout of students with hats and socks exceeded the previous day due to the convenience. Many students wore the santa hats, although the elves and reindeers received their fair share of representation.

The last holiday spirit day saw an impressive turnout as well. Unfortunately, the spirit count was cancelled due to the rain, but, nevertheless, students enjoyed the liberating feeling of being able to wear pajamas at school. Andrew Crannel, a Junior at PGHS, said “It was really fun, I like not having to get dressed for school.” Although no spirit count occurred, plenty of students took part in the Friday event.