Connor Marshall

Connor+Marshall

Written by Luke Herzog, Journalist

Basketball is a game of momentum — like when the PGHS boys’ varsity team embarked on a 14-0 fourth-quarter run to turn a six-point deficit into an eight-point lead en route to a thrilling 51-50 victory over Carmel on Wednesday. The run was jumpstarted by a big three-pointer by 6-foot-3 forward Connor Marshall. Then again, the senior has been making plays for years. Connor, who scored a team-best fourteen points against Greenfield last week, has been playing basketball since he was five, including four years on the PGHS team. He’s also been on the baseball team since he was a freshman and played one year of football. Before that, he received the PGMS Student-Athlete Award as an eighth grader.

Connor’s favorite class is history, so he surely knows that his father, Greg Marshall, played Division I basketball at San Jose State a long time ago (well, the late ‘80s). Indeed, sports are a family affair for the Marshalls. Connor’s younger brother Cameron plays on the PGHS junior varsity. His sister Ava competes for the PGMS team (coached by Greg). And while working in the Pacific Grove Youth Center for the past two and a half years, Connor has followed the citizenship path of his mother, tireless sports booster Dana Marshall, who served as PTA president at both Forest Grove and PGMS.

For Connor Marshall’s big shot, and his (and his family’s) dedication to their community, he is our Breaker of the Week.